Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dr. Jart BB Cream - Review + Pics

I'm lazy (there, I said it!) But not lazy enough to walk out of the house looking like I just rolled out of bed. I'm also not one of those people who have perfect skin, unfortunately. I too suffer from uneven skin tone and blemishes. In the search for a foundation for a simple makeup routine, I found BB Cream.

What exactly is BB cream?

Short BB cream review

BB is short for Blemish Balm, and BB cream acts as a foundation / makeup base that soothes and regenerates the skin. It also has a thicker consistency so it conceals skin tone imperfections better than tinted moisturizers. It may have sounded too good to be true when I read about it online, but when I was in Korea for a visit last winter, I made sure to pick up some Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream to try it out.

At the time, new breakouts were wreaking havoc on my skin. I don't consider myself to have bad skin, but it's not great either. Whenever I break out, even when the pimple subsides I usually inherit an additional dark spot on my face which take months to fade. Since the breakouts kept coming, pretty soon, dark spots formed constellations upon my cheek which was laced with a scattering of new pimple bumps making my skin look pretty awful nude.

And so I tried Dr. Jart. That was a great idea. I first noticed that my face was not as oily as it was before, which was awesome. It makes my pores look smaller/invisible and covers my uneven skin tone and light blemishes pretty well (for those big ones I have to dab a little concealer). I initially rotated between this and the Shiseido foundation I was previously using, but I eventually used BB cream exclusively because it was so easy to blend and use. It comes out of a squeeze out tube, I slap it onto my face, and within a minute I am done and ready to go. No mess, no hassle. Dr. Jart is rated as one of the better BB creams, and the Black Label has a "unique triple action formula...[that] aims at covering skin imperfections, concealing blemishes, and activating skin rejuvenation. It also smoothes wrinkles and fine lines while providing sun protection to skin." I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but if you're on the fence, I highly recommend you try some!

The downside is that if you're darker-skinned than the general Asian, the color will probably not suit your skin tone. For reference, I am a MAC NC20/25 and the Black Label matches me pretty well. I've used it for about 6 months or so, and I have a lot fewer breakouts now. With it on, my skin just looks naturally even-toned and blemish free according to people around me (little do they know, ha ha!)

Reviews + pics by other users

Whenever I look for makeup reviews, I like to see how it actually looks on someone instead of commercial picture ads or swatches on a hand. As I am not brave enough, and also too lazy, to post pics of myself online, I shall link you to some good ones I've found of Dr. Jart users. Black Label is meant for dry/normal skin and is slightly darker than the Silver Label, which is meant for oily/combination skin.


Other BB cream brands

Lastly, there are a lot of BB creams out there. I happened to choose Dr. Jart Black Label because it was the first one that matched my skin tone. Since it works great, I'm sticking with it. For those of you who want to find out a little more on other brands, hop on over to these massive forum discussions all about BB Cream at soompi and cozycot.

Where to buy Dr. Jart

If you're in the US, you can get Dr. Jart directly through its website. I also have some sample packets lying around I'm willing to part with if shipping costs are covered. Probably most worth it for US readers (do I even have any? he he). Regardless, leave a comment with your email and maybe we can work something out if you're interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment